When your tenant is not paying rent in McKinney TX interferes with the financial viability of your rental property, it sometimes makes more sense to sell your house fast when tenant not paying rent than navigate the court system. When your tenant does not pay the rent according to the lease terms, more headaches are sure to follow.
Many property owners are unsure how to deal with a tenant not paying rent in McKinney TX. The law is on the owner’s side but courts tend to resist evictions that create homeless persons. Delays are almost a certainty. Yet, to make your rental property a viable income producer you know you deserve the rent your tenants have promised to pay.
Tenants may experience legitimate difficulties but the landlord or income property owner should not suffer. In fact, most landlords in McKinney TX bend over backwards to keep a roof over their tenant’s head, even when the tenant won’t pay rent.
How to Deal With Tenant Not Paying Rent in McKinney TX
Landlords often choose to sell when a tenant does not pay rent in McKinney TX because the property becomes too costly to carry without income. Landlords do not owe free lodging to their tenants. All landlords need revenue to keep their properties in good, compliant condition.
At www.SellYourHomeFastOnline.com, we buy homes from distressed landlords. When a tenant who does not pay rent in McKinney TX becomes a burden, contact us to receive a fair offer for your income property within 24 hours. Our affiliate, SJT Rentals LLC understands the McKinney TX marketplace and will make you an offer, regardless of the condition of your income producing property or the quality of your tenants!
You did not acquire this property and invest so that a bad tenant not paying rent could abuse your investment and cost you money. As many landlords discover, bad tenants do bad things to the property they inhabit. At SJT Rentals we offer a fair solution. Call (470) 236-2870 to discuss a quick resolution.
The Eviction Process in McKinney TX
Evictions in McKinney TX must be filed in the county and precinct where the property is located. When tenants go bad, it can quickly become a habit that cannot be remedied other than by eviction. The eviction process works but in most cases a fast resolution is always better.
How the legal evictions happen in McKinney TX:
- Send the tenants a formal letter or Notice to Vacate
- This notice must be delivered to the tenant personally with a witness or by certified mail, return receipt requested.
- Obtain and complete an Eviction form for Texas.
- Once completed, get the form notarized or sign it before ma county clerk.
- Give the county clerk your copy of your Notice to Vacate and your completed and witnessed Eviction Form for Texas.
- When you file for a court date, you must pay a fee of $72.00 that is subject to change.
- You will receive a court date when you must present your case.
- Be prepared to produce records of payments and non-payments and any other supporting documentation.
- Assuming you win your case, and the mandatory five-day appeal period passes and the tenant not paying rent in McKinney TX still will not vacate, you will need to file a Writ of Possession in court.
The local constable can answer your questions about physically evicting a tenant who does not pay rent in McKinney TX. The constable is required to post a 24-hour vacate order once the Writ of Possession is presented.
This legal eviction process can take 45 days or longer if the tenant is stubborn and deploys a stalling strategy.
By any standard, evicting tenant not paying rent in McKinney TX is a time-consuming, frustrating and expensive proposition. At www.SellYourHomeFastOnline.com, we offer a seamless, transparent and fluid solution. We buy property from distressed landlords. Contact us for a free consultation.