More than 60% of U.S. bankruptcies are caused by massive amounts of medical bills. Before a your major health problem becomes a huge personal finance disaster, consider getting help. Here are 5 tips to take care of your medical bills.
- Ask Government and Associations for Help – Medical companies, hospitals, and nonprofit organizations have programs that can help you cut costs. For instance, drug companies typically offer free or discounted pills to those in need. Here are a few organizations that help you pay for medical care.
- Ask People on the Internet for Help – Medical bill fundraising can be made easy thanks to online fundraising websites. These crowd funding websites can help you raise funds to assist with your medical bills through unique web and social based fundraising process that is less complicated and requires no investment or work. Here are a few website that can start your online fundraiser:
- Ask your Family and Friends for Help – Reaching out to friends and family for help might sound a bit scary and awkward but giving is an extremely fulfilling act. For people that earn over $75,000 a year, there is no significant increase in happiness when the amount earned increases. However, studies show that when people spend money on other people they do feel happier. So don’t feel bad when asking for help and try to show them your conviction to get your health back.
- Do a Garage Sale – A garage sale to help pay medical bills is a great plan to get medical funds while also cleaning up your house of unneeded clutter. Your friends and family can even donate to your cause and also clean up unwanted things on their house. Garage sales especially for a cause usually attracts people and is a great way to connect.
- Sell Your House – Though it may sound a little extreme it maybe your ticket for financial freedom from medical bills! Selling your house may also be a good way to downsize your life and getting be to what matters, your health!
SJT Rentals LLC will buy your house as is with a top offer within 24 hours. This is a no obligation hassle free offer. Contact us and let us help you gain your health back!